Steal some decor tips from the Scandinavians. Their style timeless, clean, functional, and simple. Here are some DIY hacks to create the same style for less:
DIY Coffee Table:
- Add some custom hairpin legs to your coffee table.
- Simply purchase tilted hairpin legs that are around 16 inches high.
- Secure them in place with screws that are 1.5 inches from the table edges.
Complement with Copper Accents:
- Stencil copper designs onto mugs, glasses, vases, and candles using copper paint.
- Add deer antlers, leaves, or geometric patterns in copper to add to the Scandinavian feel.
- Spray paint a tin can in copper to use as an organizer or plant container.
- Use copper tape around glass surfaces like mirrors or candle holders.
Functional Wood Pieces:
- Use sturdy branches with a hook shape to hang your jackets. Be sure to remove the bark and sand it down. Feel free to paint it white to complement any white walls.
- Try to find a fairly straight branch to use as a hanging rack. Be sure to cut the edges straight.