Just grill it! Barbecue like a boss with these 5 essentials. They’ll make life way easier and you’ll want to fire up that grill any chance you get it.
- Stainless Steel Grill Set: Let the magic of stainless steel change your life. High temps and burn marks are no match for a top-knotch stainless steel set. You might even want one for your kitchen.
- Grill Basket: Burgers, fish, potato wedges, pineapples! A grill basket is an easy way to flip food to perfection and keep even the thinnest burger moist. Also, only need to use one hand to get the job done!
- Kebab Grill Set: These nifty contraptions are perfect for kebab perfection. All the veggies and meat your heart desires on one stick. Who doesn’t love it? No one.Super affordable, too, and makes all the difference in the kebab grilling game.
- Microplane Herb Mill: Cut all the herbs with ease wiith a Microplane Herb Mill. Parsley for marinades, basil for pesto, cilantro for tacos, mint for garnish. Save time and counterspace with this nifty culinary gadget.
Nothing says summer like delicious in-season fare. Munch on these summer recipes that take only minutes to prepare. Lunch or dessert, your only moments away from an unforgettable warm-weather feast.
Chicken Kabobs with Citrus-Soy Marinade
Marinade chicken overnight and assemble right before throwing it into the grill or under the broiler.
For the chicken kabobs:
Cut chicken breasts into quartes and toss into the bowl of marinde. Marinade chicken in fridge overnight. Add chopped bellpeppers, pineapples, and onions for some extra veggie-ness.
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
Mix ingredients together until ingredients are evenly distrubuted. After marinating chicken overnight, cook marinade in a saucepan over high-heat until reduced to thick consistency for extra dipping at the table!
Creamy Greek Zucchini Patties
- 2 pounds large zucchini, trimmed and grated on the wide holes of a grater or food processor
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup chopped mixed freshherbs, such as fennel, dill, mint, parsley (I like to use mostly dill)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 cup fresh or drybreadcrumbs, more as necessary
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- All-purpose flour as needed and for dredging
- Olive oil for frying
Mix ingredients in a bowl. Throw it into a pan with about 1/4 inch of oil. Flip when brown about 5-8 minutes on each side. Use a grill basket, and coat each side of the patty with oil if barbecuing.
Super Fruity Popsicles
What’s your favorite fruit? That’s the magic of fruity popsicles in the summer. We love pineapples, strawberries, kiwi, mango, and watermelon. If you’re feeling extra fancy add some flowers or mint. You can even puree them and layer the fruit by freezing one layer of juce at a time (about a half hour each layer in the freezer). The real trick is to top off each fruit combination with your favorite juice. Our juice picks are grape and passion fruit!
1. Combine prepped fruit in a mixing bowl, and arrange the mixture into 8 3-ounce popsicle molds.
2. Pour enough juice into each mold to just cover fruit.
3. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze until solid (about 6 hours).
Let your tastebuds entertain you and your guests this summer.
Berry Pizza Recipe with Whipped Ricotta Mascarpone Cheese
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Pretzel Bites
Here are three things you need to turn your deck into a delicoius patio:
- A sweet place to sit: Comfortable seating is key. Whether it’s straw seats, wicker loveseat, or a small storage unit turned bench with a cover up, having a place to rest and relax makes the deck patio vibe work well.
- A centerpiece: Have something with a Wow! factor. A fire pit, mandala, hammock. Having one piece that makes that outdoor spot come together is essential to creating that patio vibe.
- Table: Tables come in all shapes and sized and it’s easy to find one that should fit perfectly on your deck. Use a side table or large ottoman to place food and drinks when lounging outside.
Outdoor entertaining is so easy! Here are five must-know tips to get it done right!
- Don’t forget the ice! Just because things get chilled doesn’t mean they will stay that way. Especially with rising temperatures. Be sure to have a good amount of ice on hand to keep people cool with satisfying and refreshing drinks.
- Bug spary and sunblock.Alway shave these on-hand to keep guests comfortable. No one like being attacked by mosquitos and being burned by the sun.
- Play some games! As much as the adults in your party will relish a laid-back evening, any children at your event will be aching for entertainment. Have plenty of outdoor games ready and waiting for the wee ones. Set up lawn games!
- Keep the party going even when the sun goes down. The fun doesn’t have to end. Supply the kids with flashlights for a game of nighttime tag, and the adults can continue to sip some wine and savor the evening.
- Keep hunger away. Always have snacks and quick bites like popsicles and hotdogs ready. The fun should always be accompanies by a tasty menu that sits well in the sun and helps to cool of the heat. Think treat trays and fun fruits, like watermelons!
Summer is almost here and it’s time to act like it. Here are 4 new additions to turn your deck into the super summery escape:
- Hammocks or rocking chairs: A place you can lounge in the sunshine for hours. Channel your inner-kitty with comfortable seating so you can enjoy the sunshine all day until warm summer night.
- Christmas or LED Lights. So trendy and so perfect for those late long summer nights of good drinks, good people and great memories.
- Firepit: If it gets a little chilly, a firepit is the perfect and pretty solution to make your summer nights memorable and amazing. Just fire it up when the temps start to dip and your outdoor shindig can go from morning until night.
- Candles and lanterns: Candles for that perfect late night summer soiree create the perfect ambience whether you’re entertaining or not. Choose tornado holders and cages for extra pretty ways to display them.