Nothing says summer like delicious in-season fare. Munch on these summer recipes that take only minutes to prepare. Lunch or dessert, your only moments away from an unforgettable warm-weather feast.
Chicken Kabobs with Citrus-Soy Marinade
Marinade chicken overnight and assemble right before throwing it into the grill or under the broiler.
For the chicken kabobs:
Cut chicken breasts into quartes and toss into the bowl of marinde. Marinade chicken in fridge overnight. Add chopped bellpeppers, pineapples, and onions for some extra veggie-ness.
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
Mix ingredients together until ingredients are evenly distrubuted. After marinating chicken overnight, cook marinade in a saucepan over high-heat until reduced to thick consistency for extra dipping at the table!
Creamy Greek Zucchini Patties
- 2 pounds large zucchini, trimmed and grated on the wide holes of a grater or food processor
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup chopped mixed freshherbs, such as fennel, dill, mint, parsley (I like to use mostly dill)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 cup fresh or drybreadcrumbs, more as necessary
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- All-purpose flour as needed and for dredging
- Olive oil for frying
Mix ingredients in a bowl. Throw it into a pan with about 1/4 inch of oil. Flip when brown about 5-8 minutes on each side. Use a grill basket, and coat each side of the patty with oil if barbecuing.
Super Fruity Popsicles
What’s your favorite fruit? That’s the magic of fruity popsicles in the summer. We love pineapples, strawberries, kiwi, mango, and watermelon. If you’re feeling extra fancy add some flowers or mint. You can even puree them and layer the fruit by freezing one layer of juce at a time (about a half hour each layer in the freezer). The real trick is to top off each fruit combination with your favorite juice. Our juice picks are grape and passion fruit!
1. Combine prepped fruit in a mixing bowl, and arrange the mixture into 8 3-ounce popsicle molds.
2. Pour enough juice into each mold to just cover fruit.
3. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze until solid (about 6 hours).