1. Seaside: Instead of keeping your beach collection of seashells in a dusty bowl, grab your hot-glue gun and attach your shells to any thrift store frame in the shape of your initial. This modern beach family crest will welcome you home and be a lovely décor piece for your guest to enjoy!
2. Kitchen: Add a bit of humor to your kitchen with cute kitchen towels and add in your own monogrammed towels using a plain kitchen towel, a stencil and some fabric paint!
3. Corks: Use them or lose them! That is one my rules for most things I have laying around my house! If you have a pile of corks that you have been waiting to use, go ahead and superglue them to your family initial (you can order wooden letters from World Market) and attach your new cork initial to a seasonally appropriate wreath!
4. Jewelry Box: Looking for a thoughtful birthday gift? Take a minute to order a peel and stick calligraphy sticker of your friend’s initials and affix it to a standard wooden box (which you can find at your Dollar Store or at a craft store like Michaels)
5. Coffee Mug: This last monogram idea works well as a house-warming gift or as a unique hostess gift. Place a removable decal sticker of the letter of your choice onto a plain white ceramic mug. Using ceramic paint, add dots around the decal in a uniform patter. Once the paint is dry, remove your decal and fill the mug with sweets, tea, coffee or hot chocolate packets!