Is your baby’s gender going to be a surprise? No need to wait to get started on your little one’s nursery when there a plenty of gender neutral options to get the decor ideas going. Here are five ways to style a gender neutral nursery:
Animals: Have fun with various animal prints, decals, posters. No need to stick to just one when a variety of your favorite furry and non-furry friends can set the tone for something fun and sensational.
Pastels: Pastels never get old. Choose all of your favorite pastel shades to spruce up the room. From bedding to walls, the use of light pastel colors is nothing but calming and classic.
Yellow: Take yellow up a couple of knotches with a brighter and bolder shape. Have fun with chevron patterns and bright decor accessories for a sunny interpretation of a nursery.
Geometric Black and White: Play with dark shapes and light colors in this fun art deco take on a baby space.
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed by all of our children’s stuff—the outgrown clothes, artwork, schoolwork, sports equipment, musical instruments, toys, rocks, sticks, party favors and all the other things they get their hands on that eventually end up in our homes. The first step is to get rid of what is no longer needed and simplify.
– Take Pictures: It is so much easier to give things away, particularly children’s artwork, when you take a picture of it. With a picture, you will always have the memory of the item and your child will know your honoring their creative process.
– Create a ‘things you want to give away box’: Sometimes it is difficult to know how meaningful something is to your child. Keep an opaque box and label it “things I want to give away” and keep the items inside. If your child doesn’t ask about it for a few months, then give it away. Just don’t let him see it because the second he does—he’ll want it back!
– Develop a system for outgrown items: Children are growing and changing all the time. Plan ahead for what you will do with outgrown items. Have a labeled plastic bin ready for clothes and toys you may want to pass on to a younger sibling or a relative’s or friend’s kids and have another bin or bag in the closet to donate to somewhere like Goodwill or the Salvation Army.
– One thing in, one thing out: Once you have a simplified, clutter-free space you will want to keep it that way. Before you bring anything new into your child’s world, make sure it is worth it. You also may want to take one thing out each time you bring in something new—this way you will keep the space clean and clutter-free.
– Clear with intention: As you’re clearing and organizing, know that the more things you let go of the more space you are creating to truly be with your child.
This post will inspire you on how to decorate the space around the crib and your baby.
An energetic and eclectic nursery.
An exciting mix of old and new are brought togther to create a stylish yet functional nursery.
Neutral nursery fit for any child.
A modern nursery.
A plush pink and purple nursery.
A polished pink nursery.
Pour me some purple please.
A modern mint nursery combining black and white with bold prints.
A soft and elegant grey and pink nursery.
A modern nursery decorated with yellow and grey colors.
See how the color combinations in these kids’ rooms complement a variety of designs to create fun age-appropriate rooms that can be easily updated over time.
A blue boys bedroom.
A green bedroom with toys.
Pretty in peach.
A creative and colorful girls room.
Grey hues for this room.
A bold wallpaper fit for any boy or girl.
A girly color palette for your modern day princess.
Soft tones for this sweet girl’s bedroom.
Vibrant colors and patterns for this modern girl’s bedroom.
Coral and cute eclectic designs.
Nurseries don’t have to be pink or blue, choose various hues, textures, materials, and trends to create a modern and gender-neutral room for your baby.
This splendid gender-neutral nursery proves that when it comes to decorating, white and beige is truly a no-fail color combination.
Add a splash of personality to an otherwise neutral nursery with one or two brightly colored accessories.
A cream white baby nursery with romantic shabby chic décor.
A classy palette of white and beige makes a striking background for this elegant black crib.
This nursery is vivid and charming; mint green walls work great for both girls and boys.
A neutral color palette creates a soft and soothing nursery.
Yellow is a cheerful and energetic color that gives this nursery a luminous and optimistic look.
Angelic and pure, this white nursery promotes a calm and breezy atmosphere.
This golden pale yellow paint color compliments the furniture in a modern way.
Cheerful and pleasant, these cute little polka dots lend themselves perfectly to a newborn’s nursery.